The content on this website may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. This means we earn money from brands when readers click through, purchase, or sign up through certain links. Clicking the links won't result in any additional cost to you, but it will support our blog. Thanks!
Back To The Beginning
Set Your Mat Leave Goals
- I was unable to breast feed, so from 2 months we switched to sensitive formula which has not been cheap.
- At 6 months into my leave, I decided to extend my mat leave from 13 months to 16 months. My EI was ending and I would not be getting paid for months. So instead of just using my fund to top me up, it became my sole income.
- We are debt free other than mortgage
- We had time to save up
- We set our financial goal
- We created a budget that would help us reach it.