The content on this website may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. This means we earn money from brands when readers click through, purchase, or sign up through certain links. Clicking the links won't result in any additional cost to you, but it will support our blog. Thanks!
Have you ever dreamt of a work optional life?
I love reading books on personal finance. I have read quite a few and always take out multiple books from the local library any time I go.
In Work Optional by author Tanja Hester, it takes a slightly different approach to other personal finance and investment books I have read. Most books focus on the how-to of getting to your financial goals. In this book, the author helps the reader visualize their life once they reach their goal. She focuses on the reasons why they are pursuing the path toward early retirement.
3 Key Sections
– Planning out the work optional life you want to live.
– The financial plan for your work optional life.
– Thriving in your work optional life.
If you like the sounds of this book, you can find it on amazon here . We may receive a small commission if you purchase it through this link.
Work Optional focuses on what to do once you reach your early retirement. Planning what your life looks like then instead of focusing only on number crunching and investment planning which sets this book apart from others. It also help you focus on why you are working toward this goal.
Other key components:
– It shares the logistical and emotional sides of pulling the trigger on early retirement.
– Puts the focus on the life you will live, not just the money needed to do so.
– Provides handy checklists at the end of each chapter to ensure you are on track.
Have you read this book? What are your thoughts?
For other personal finance book reviews check the Reviews section of the blog.